Chattanooga News-Free Press
- Existence: 1933-1999
The Chattanooga Free pRess was started in 1933 by Roy Ketner McDonald. In 1939, the Free Press bought out the CHattanooga News and became the only evening newspaper in CHattanooga. At this point, it was rebranded as the Chattanooga News-Free Press. The News-Free Press was often in ocmpetition with Chattanooga's morning paper, the CHattanooga Times. During World War iI and during other times of financial hardship, the two papers entered into Joint Operating Agreements, to share equipment while maintaining separate editorial boards and writers. In 1999, following the purchase of both the Times and the News-Free Press by Walter Hussman Jr., the papers were merged and became a new paper, the Chattanooga Times-Free Press.
Citation"Company Overview." Chattanooga times-Free Press. Last updated 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20110101064805/http://jobs2.timesfreepress.com/careers/company/detail?id=207167.
Found in 1 Collection or Record: