Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection contains Shofar newsletters published by the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee from 1986 to 2018.
This collection includes 184 field recordings and interviews totalling more than 400 hours of documentary footage of serpent handling congregations in Southern Appalachia, featuring extensive footage of church services and interviews with church members of many of the major Holiness serpent handling congregations from 1975 to 2004. Additionally, the collection includes more than 2,500 photographic prints of congregants, church leaders, and services.
This collection contains a photocopied facsimile of McCallie's autobiography covering a period beginning in 1901 and ending in 1912. The Memoirs is a hand-written volume of 153 pages. A transcription of the memoir is available. There are also three letters (photocopies) from 1905 concerning the founding of the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
This collection contains home movies and photographs that document the Jesus Name Tradition in Appalachia from circa 1970 to 1985.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religious life and customs 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 2
- Snake cults (Holiness churches) -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Jews -- Intellectual life 1
- Jews -- Periodicals 1
- Jews -- Social life and customs 1
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Hood, Ralph W. 1
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga 1
- McCallie, Thomas H. (1837-1912) 1
- Vance, Mary 1
- Williamson, W. Paul (William Paul) 1