Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
This collection includes research materials related to institutional history, especially the UC/UT merger. Materials date primarily from the 1960s and 1970s. Papers and newspaper clippings collected by Dr. James Livingood during his tenure as professor and dean at the University of Chattanooga/UTC.
This collection contains research files and a draft of Longwith's book, Light Upon a Hill: The University at Chattanooga, 1886-1996 published in 2000.
The collection includes letters and certificates of congratulations on inauguration as University of Chattanooga President. Also included are notes from speeches given by Masterson for various university and community events as well as some university-related correspondence. Notecards of research material for his book, William Blount, are also included. Materials in the collection range from 1966 to 1979.
This collection includes personal papers, journals, photographs, music, music programs, recordings, and related documents from Isa McIlwraith and Arthur Plettner, professors of music at the University of Chattanooga and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Material covers the date range of 1924 to 1989.
This series contains biography files on individuals associated with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga or its predecessor institutions from approximately 1886 to 2000. Alphabetically arranged by surname, many of the file subjects are administrators, faculty, and staff of the University. The content of these files range from newspaper clippings (often obituaries), programs, publications, and in some cases correspondence.
This series contains photographic prints depicting the builidings and grounds of the University of Chattanooga and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from approximately 1886 to the 1990s. Most of the photographic prints in this series are black-and-white, but some are in color. As a whole, it documents the changes that have taken place on campus over time, as well as the growth and development of the physical plant.
This series contains event programs, invitations, and promotional materials for both recurring and special events at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from approximately 1969 to 2021.
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga portrait photographs series consists of 26 alphabetical files, each containing portrait photographs of individuals affiliated with the University, sorted by surname. The materials in this series date from approximately 1886 to 1990. In each file there are some portraits which are not labeled and the identity of the subject is unknown. The vast majority of photographs in this series are black and white.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 6
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 5
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 8
- College presidents 2
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Theater -- Instruction and study -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Universities and Colleges -- United States -- Faculty 2
- College environment 1
- Music -- History and criticism -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1
- Music -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Theater, Municipal -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1 ∧ less
- University of Chattanooga 7
- Chattanooga City College 1
- Chattanooga University 1
- Grant University 1
- Livingood, James Weston 1