Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
The collection includes letters and certificates of congratulations on inauguration as University of Chattanooga President. Also included are notes from speeches given by Masterson for various university and community events as well as some university-related correspondence. Notecards of research material for his book, William Blount, are also included. Materials in the collection range from 1966 to 1979.
- Names: Masterson, William H. (William Henry, 1914-1983) X
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 1
- College presidents 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 1
- University of Chattanooga 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 1