Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
This series contains correspondence, financial records, and other materials pertaining to the administration of Zion College and Chattanooga City College from the 1950s to circa 2000. The bulk of the materials in this series date from the 1960s.
This series contains regional publications including magazines and newsletters from Chattanooga and surrounding areas from the 1960s to 2016, approximately. Many, but not all items in this series contain one or more articles relating to the Unviersity of Tennessee at Chattanooga in some way.
This collection includes research materials related to institutional history, especially the UC/UT merger. Materials date primarily from the 1960s and 1970s. Papers and newspaper clippings collected by Dr. James Livingood during his tenure as professor and dean at the University of Chattanooga/UTC.
This collection contains research files and a draft of Longwith's book, Light Upon a Hill: The University at Chattanooga, 1886-1996 published in 2000.
The collection includes letters and certificates of congratulations on inauguration as University of Chattanooga President. Also included are notes from speeches given by Masterson for various university and community events as well as some university-related correspondence. Notecards of research material for his book, William Blount, are also included. Materials in the collection range from 1966 to 1979.
This collection includes personal papers, journals, photographs, music, music programs, recordings, and related documents from Isa McIlwraith and Arthur Plettner, professors of music at the University of Chattanooga and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Material covers the date range of 1924 to 1989.
This series contains biography files on individuals associated with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga or its predecessor institutions from approximately 1886 to 2000. Alphabetically arranged by surname, many of the file subjects are administrators, faculty, and staff of the University. The content of these files range from newspaper clippings (often obituaries), programs, publications, and in some cases correspondence.
This series contains photographic prints depicting the builidings and grounds of the University of Chattanooga and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from approximately 1886 to the 1990s. Most of the photographic prints in this series are black-and-white, but some are in color. As a whole, it documents the changes that have taken place on campus over time, as well as the growth and development of the physical plant.
This series contains event programs, invitations, and promotional materials for both recurring and special events at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from approximately 1969 to 2021.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 8
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 6
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 9
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 3
- College presidents 2
- Theater -- Instruction and study -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 2
- Theater -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Universities and Colleges -- United States -- Faculty 2
- Advertising -- Tourism 1
- African American universities and colleges 1
- College environment 1
- College sports 1
- College students, Black 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Music -- History and criticism -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1
- Music -- Instruction and study -- Outlines, syllabi, etc 1
- Music -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Southern States -- Social life and customs 1
- Theater, Municipal -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges, Black 1 ∧ less
- University of Chattanooga 7
- Chattanooga City College 2
- Zion College 2
- Chattanooga University 1
- Grant University 1