Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
This collection contains Catino's correspondence and papers as well as journals, artwork, and photographs created by Emma Bell Miles, Catino's mother. The Emma Bell Miles content documents mountain life on Walden Ridge in the early 20th century. The collection also includes Catino's correspondence with Emma Bell Miles biographer, Kay Baker Gaston. Materials in the collection are dated from 1866 to 2000.
This ollection contains research notes, letters, and drafts regarding her eponymous biography of Appalachian author, naturalist, and artist Emma Bell Miles ranging from 1972 to 2011 The collection also includes short stories, poetry, essays, illustrations, and other material by Emma Bell Miles that range from 1902 to 1921.
This collection includes 45 letters written by American authors from the South from circa 1932 to 1973. Correspondents include Wilma Dykeman Stokely, Julia Peterkin, Andrew Lytle, Caroline Gordon, George Scarbrough, Jesse Stuart, Richard Chase, Donald Davidson, Stanley Horn, Paul Jordan Smith, Anworth Rutherford, John Bennett, Robert Burch, and several others.
This collection includes correspondence, financial records, scrapbooks, and other personal papers as well as manuscripts and drafts of books, articles, and poetry authored by Robert Sparks Walker, a Chattanooga naturalist, writer, poet, and local historian dating from 1896 to 1962. Highlights of this collection include the manuscript and dummies for Walker's Pulitzer Prize nominated book, Torchlights to the Cherokees: The Brainerd Mission.
This collection contains correspondence from nine of the twelve authors known as the Southern Agrarians written in 1934 as well as photographic prints and negatives of Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 3
- American literature -- Southern States -- History and criticism 2
- Mountain life -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Natural history -- Tennessee 2
- Agrarians (Group of writers) 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Cherokee Indians -- History 1
- Cherokee Indians -- Missions 1
- Environmentalism -- United States 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Horticulturists 1
- Naturalists 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Diaries 1
- Southern States -- Intellectual life -- 1865- 1 ∧ less
- Miles, Emma Bell (1879-1919) 2
- Brainerd Mission 1
- Catino, Jean Miles (1902-2000) 1
- Ford, Judith Miles, 1902-1983 1
- Gaston, Kay Baker 1
- Gordon, Caroline (1895-1981) 1
- Govan, Christine Noble (1898-1985) 1
- Govan, Gilbert E. (Gilbert Eaton), 1892-1978 1
- Miles, Frank (G. Frank) 1
- Miles, Joe Winchester (Joseph), 1905-1997 1
- Miles, Mark (Frank Mirick), 1909-1913 1
- Serene, Kitty Miles (Katherine), 1907- 1
- Walker, Robert Sparks (1878-1960) 1
- Whitaker, Lula Ulrica (1902-1995) 1 ∧ less