Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 29
This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
This series contains records pertaining to Fred Obear's executive-level administration of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, including correspondence, memorandums, reports, and other materials from 1981 to 1997.
This series contains a program from Archie M. Palmer's induction ceremony at the University of Chattanooga and two pieces of correspondence addressed to Palmer.
This series contains records pertaining to Bill W. Stacy's executive-level administration of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, including correspondence, memorandums, reports, and other materials from 1997 to 2004.
This series contains a grade book, faculty meeting minutes, a faculty roster for the School fo Theology dating from 1890 to 1910. It also contains speech notes on the history of the School of Theology titled "The School of Theology in Grant University and The University of Chattanooga" by Roy L. Howard, presented at the meeting of the Southeastern Jurisdiction Historical Society at Tennessee Wesleyan College, 2008 July 9.
This series contains biography files on individuals associated with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga or its predecessor institutions from approximately 1886 to 2000. Alphabetically arranged by surname, many of the file subjects are administrators, faculty, and staff of the University. The content of these files range from newspaper clippings (often obituaries), programs, publications, and in some cases correspondence.
- College presidents 11
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 10
- College students -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 7
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 5
- College trustees 4
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 3
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 3
- Universities and Colleges -- United States -- Faculty 3
- Universities and colleges -- Societies, etc. 3
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 2
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- College environment 1
- College sports 1
- College students, Black 1
- Higher education and state 1
- Law schools 1
- Medical colleges 1
- Medical education -- United States 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- University of Chattanooga 7
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga 6
- University of Chattanooga. Board of Trustees 3
- Chattanooga University 2
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 2
- Grant University 2
- Brown, Arlo Ayers (1883-1961) 1
- Chattanooga City College 1
- Chattanooga Medical College 1
- Drinnon, James E. 1
- Evans, Charles Rountree (1863-1920) 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Lockmiller, David A. (David Alexander, 1906-2005) 1
- Martin, LeRoy A. (LeRoy Albert) 1
- Masterson, William H. (William Henry, 1914-1983) 1
- Obear, Frederick W. 1
- Spence, John F., 1828-1912 1
- Stacy, Bill W. 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Alpha Society 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Office of Academic Affairs 1 ∧ less