Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
This collection contains letters written by and to the Reverend J. J. Manker regarding the Methodist Church and the beginning of Chattanooga University dating from 1868 to 1932.
This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 1
- Segregation in education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Social justice -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga University 1
- Govan, Gilbert E. (Gilbert Eaton), 1892-1978 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1