Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains recorded and filmed interviews, transcripts, digital images, and sound recordings regarding the American chestnut, chestnut blight, and the Appalachian Region recorded by Bethany Baxter in 2008 as part of the original research for the thesis entitled. An oral history of the American chestnut in Southern Appalachia, submitted to the faculty of the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in partial fulfillment of the requirements of the degree of Master of Science.
This collection contains Catino's correspondence and papers as well as journals, artwork, and photographs created by Emma Bell Miles, Catino's mother. The Emma Bell Miles content documents mountain life on Walden Ridge in the early 20th century. The collection also includes Catino's correspondence with Emma Bell Miles biographer, Kay Baker Gaston. Materials in the collection are dated from 1866 to 2000.
This ollection contains research notes, letters, and drafts regarding her eponymous biography of Appalachian author, naturalist, and artist Emma Bell Miles ranging from 1972 to 2011 The collection also includes short stories, poetry, essays, illustrations, and other material by Emma Bell Miles that range from 1902 to 1921.
This collection contains interviews regarding the history of McCoy Farm and Gardens and Walden's Ridge located on Signal Mountain in Tennessee. Mmbers of the McCoy Farm and Gardens Board conducted the interviews in 2022.
This collection contains interviews conducted in 2021 and 2022 regarding the life of Emma Bell Miles, a woman who lived on Walden Ridge in Signal Mountain, Tennessee from 1879 to 1919.
- Subject: Mountain life -- Appalachian Region, Southern X
- American literature -- Southern States 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 2
- Walden Ridge (Tenn.) 2
- Chestnut blight 1
- Endothia parasitica 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 1
- Natural history -- Tennessee 1 ∧ less
- Miles, Emma Bell, 1879-1919 4
- Bachman, Jonathan Waverly, 1837-1924 1
- Bachman, Nathan Lynn, 1878-1937 1
- Bachman, Pearl McMannen, 1879-1938 1
- Baxter, Bethany N. 1
- Burks, Dalton 1
- Catino, Jean Miles (1902-2000) 1
- Ford, Judith Miles, 1902-1983 1
- Gaston, Kay Baker 1
- McCoy Farm and Gardens 1
- McCoy, Martha Bachman, 1904-2004 1
- Miles, Frank (G. Frank) 1
- Miles, Joe Winchester (Joseph), 1905-1997 1
- Miles, Mark (Frank Mirick), 1909-1913 1
- Neuhoff, Alyssa 1
- Serene, Kitty Miles (Katherine), 1907- 1 ∧ less