Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Nat and Bucky Hughes papers
This collection of Chattanooga research notes, photographs, and publications includes research notes, photographs, pamphlets, books, and articles collected by Chattanooga, Tennessee historian Nathaniel C. Hughes. Materials in the collection range from 1861 to 1945 and primarily focus on United States military history.
Thomas R. Jones, Sr. papers
This collection contains correspondence between United States Army Private First Class (PFC) Thomas R. Jones and his wife, Mary Mildred Jones, regarding his military training service in during World War II in the Southeastern United States and from 1943 to 1945. Information concerning PFC Jones’ location and details about the war was censored at the time by the United States Army. He primarily writes about the weather and food in addition to inquiring about his family's wellbeing.
Herman Lamb photographs
This collection contains photographic prints and negatives depicting Chattanooga, Tennessee ranging from the 1920s to the 1970s, including photographs of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's visit to Chattanooga, in 1940. Subjects depicted also include scenes from Lookout and Signal Mountains, views of downtown Chattanooga, and images of a variety of buildings, people, and events.
Raoul Family papers
Leroy M. Sullivan papers
This collection contains three journals and sixteen letters authored by Leroy M. Sullivan, a Flight Lieutenant in the Royal Canadian Air Force, during World War II from 1941 to 1943, when Sullivan was killed in action.
Mary Summers collection of The Olympic Games books
This collection of The Olympic Games books includes two volumes of The Olympic Games published in 1932 and 1936 and a copy of Germany Awakens: Birth, Struggle, and Triumph of the NSDAP.
Taliaferro Family papers
This collection contains papers, photographs, scrapbooks, and other material belonging to Hubert "Hugo" Taliaferro. Jr., an American captured at the Battle of the Bulge in 1944 regarding his life, his military service and the Taliaferro family. The collection contains papers and photographs from 1838 September 16 to 1979 May 9.
United States Department of War maps
This collection contains maps of Italy and Austria created by the United States Department of War during World War II.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 7
- Chattanooga History Collections 1
- World War, 1939-1945 6
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 2
- Soldiers -- United States -- 20th century -- History 2
- Bridges -- Tennessee 1
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Education -- Tennessee 1
- Floods -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 1
- Parades -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 1
- Southern States -- Social life and customs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Austria -- Maps 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns -- Italy -- Maps 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda 1 ∧ less
- Cavalier Corporation (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Central of Georgia Railway 1
- Gevers, Carl M. 1
- Great Britain. Royal Air Force. Squadron 56 1
- Hughes, Nathaniel Cheairs, Jr. (1930-2012) 1