- the subject contains Religion
- or the subject contains Church
- or the subject contains "Religious life and customs"
Showing Results: 1 - 10 of 11
Scope and Contents This collection contains home movies and photographs that document the Jesus Name Tradition in Appalachia from circa 1970 to 1985.
Scope and Contents This collection includes 184 field recordings and interviews totalling more than 400 hours of documentary footage of serpent handling congregations in Southern Appalachia, featuring extensive footage of church services and interviews with church members of many of the major Holiness serpent handling congregations from 1975 to 2004. Additionally, the collection includes more than 2,500 photographic prints of congregants, church leaders, and services.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a registration card to take classes regarding teaching Sunday school at the First Methodist Episcopal Church in Chattanooga, circa 1900 to 1940.
Dates: circa 1900-1940
Scope and Contents This collection contains Shofar newsletters published by the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee from 1986 to 2018.
Collection — Box: MS-005 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence regarding theology between David Lewis Beebe, Scottish theologian T. Ralph Morton, and English author Elizabeth Goudge from 1972 to 1978.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes class notes, essays, letters, and drafts and manuscripts of this publications authored during his tenure as a professor of Religious Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from 1972 to 1994.
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters written to the Reverend W. C. Daily (1818-1897) from various figures within the Church. These letters detail Daily's activities and efforts organizing Methodist Episcopal churches in East Tennessee, and touch upon such topics as funding and ways to improve church participation among African Americans. The letters are written primarily by Bishop Davis W. Clark, but also includes contributions from Bishop M. Simpson and others. The letters primarily cover the...
Collection — Box: MS-027 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains a photocopied facsimile of McCallie's autobiography covering a period beginning in 1901 and ending in 1912. The Memoirs is a hand-written volume of 153 pages. A transcription of the memoir is available. There are also three letters (photocopies) from 1905 concerning the founding of the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collections 8
- Chattanooga History Collections 3
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 4
- Southern States -- Religion 4
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religious life and customs 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 2
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 2
- Snake cults (Holiness churches) -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Bridges -- Tennessee 1
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings in art 1
- Church bulletins 1
- Floods -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Jews -- Intellectual life 1
- Jews -- Periodicals 1
- Jews -- Social life and customs 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 1
- Parades -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Religion -- Study and teaching 1
- Rome (Italy) -- In art 1
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- First Methodist Episcopal Church (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 2
- Beebe, David Lewis, 1763-1803 1
- Daily, W. C. (William Clinton, 1818-1897) 1
- Franklin, James (James Rodman, 1932-2013) 1
- Goudge, Elizabeth (1900-1984) 1
- Hall, Thor (1927- ) 1
- Hood, Ralph W. 1
- Iona Community 1
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga 1
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 1
- McCallie, Thomas H. (1837-1912) 1
- Morton, T. Ralph (Thomas Ralph), 1900-1977 1
- Myers, Barbara 1
- Pilgrim Congregational Church (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Vance, Mary 1
- Williamson, W. Paul (William Paul) 1 ∧ less