- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
Scope and Contents This collection contains an oral history interview with Charlie Mae Hurt conducted at Glenwood Recreation Center by Marie Bourassa on 2010 October 27 regarding Hurt's life in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the desegregation of schools, and other subjects.
Dates: 2010 October 27
- Subject: Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga X
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Special Collections 1
- Chattanooga History Collections 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 1
- Segregation in education -- Law and legislation 2
- African Americans -- History -- Personal narratives 1
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Personal narratives 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Social justice -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 1
- Women -- History -- Personal narratives 1 ∧ less
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1
- Hamilton County/Chattanooga Public Schools (Hamilton County, Tenn.) 1
- Hurt, Charlie Mae 1