- the subject contains Segregation
- or the subject contains "Civil rights movements"
- or the subject contains "Black Power"
- or the subject contains "Social justice"
- or the subject contains "Gun control"
Showing Results: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection contains legal documents, briefs, court transcripts, correspondence, memoranda, reports, and plans created by the Board of Education in Chattanooga, Tennessee as well as the 25-year public school desegregation court case, Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga. The contents of the collection range from 1953 to 1986.
This series contains the papers of William H. Masterson, president of University of Chattanooga and chancellor of University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Arranged in office files, loosely alphabetical by subject or person of interest, the materials in this collection include memorandums, correspondence, publications, newspaper clippings, and other records pertaining to the administration of the university from 1966 to 1973.
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 1
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 1
- Black power -- United States 1
- Black power -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Civil rights movements -- Southern States -- History -- 20th century 1
- College presidents 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Mapp v. Board of Education of Chattanooga 1
- Social justice -- United States 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 1 ∧ less
- Board of Education (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Chattanooga Public Schools (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Hamilton County (Tenn.). Board of Education 1
- Hamilton County/Chattanooga Public Schools (Hamilton County, Tenn.) 1
- Masterson, William H. (William Henry, 1914-1983) 1
- Witt, Raymond B., 1915-2000 1 ∧ less