- the subject contains Religion
- or the subject contains Church
- or the subject contains "Religious life and customs"
Showing Results: 1 - 10 of 15
Scope and Contents This collection contains home movies and photographs that document the Jesus Name Tradition in Appalachia from circa 1970 to 1985.
Scope and Contents This collection includes 184 field recordings and interviews totalling more than 400 hours of documentary footage of serpent handling congregations in Southern Appalachia, featuring extensive footage of church services and interviews with church members of many of the major Holiness serpent handling congregations from 1975 to 2004. Additionally, the collection includes more than 2,500 photographic prints of congregants, church leaders, and services.
Scope and Contents This collection contains Shofar newsletters published by the Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga in Chattanooga, Tennessee from 1986 to 2018.
Collection — Box: MS-005 001
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence regarding theology between David Lewis Beebe, Scottish theologian T. Ralph Morton, and English author Elizabeth Goudge from 1972 to 1978.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a registration card to take classes regarding teaching Sunday school at the First Methodist Episcopal Church in Chattanooga, circa 1900 to 1940.
Dates: circa 1900-1940
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection includes class notes, essays, letters, and drafts and manuscripts of this publications authored during his tenure as a professor of Religious Studies at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga from 1972 to 1994.
Scope and Contents This collection contains letters written to the Reverend W. C. Daily (1818-1897) from various figures within the Church. These letters detail Daily's activities and efforts organizing Methodist Episcopal churches in East Tennessee, and touch upon such topics as funding and ways to improve church participation among African Americans. The letters are written primarily by Bishop Davis W. Clark, but also includes contributions from Bishop M. Simpson and others. The letters primarily cover the...
Collection — Box: UA-00-01-01 001
Scope and Contents This series contains newspaper clippings, course catalogs, legal documents and other records regarding Chattanooga University from 1883 to 1930. Several legal documents pertain to the Methodist Episcopal Church Board of Education, the Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society and the involvement of these two entities in the foundation of Chattanooga University. A substantial portion of this series also contains newspaper clippings and a history manuscript pertaining to the controversy over...
- Collection Area
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Manuscript Collections 8
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Archives 4
- Chattanooga History Collections 3
- Methodist Episcopal Church -- History 5
- Christian universities and colleges -- United States 4
- Religion -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 4
- Southern States -- Religion 4
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- History 4
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religious life and customs 2
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Social life and customs 2
- Snake cults (Holiness churches) -- Appalachian Region, Southern 2
- Bridges -- Tennessee 1
- Buildings -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Church buildings in art 1
- Church bulletins 1
- Education -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Floods -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- History -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Jews -- Intellectual life 1
- Jews -- Periodicals 1
- Jews -- Social life and customs 1
- Lookout Mountain (Appalachian Mountains) 1
- Parades -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga -- Pictorial works 1
- Politicians -- Tennessee -- Chattanooga 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Pictorial works 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects -- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Religion -- Study and teaching 1
- Rome (Italy) -- In art 1
- Segregation in higher education -- United States 1
- Signal Mountain (Tenn.) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Pictorial works 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- First Methodist Episcopal Church (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 2
- Freedmen's Aid and Southern Education Society 2
- Beebe, David Lewis, 1763-1803 1
- Chattanooga University 1
- Daily, W. C. (William Clinton, 1818-1897) 1
- Franklin, James (James Rodman, 1932-2013) 1
- Goudge, Elizabeth (1900-1984) 1
- Grant University 1
- Hall, Thor (1927- ) 1
- Hood, Ralph W. 1
- Iona Community 1
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga 1
- Lewis, Edward S., 1855-1934 1
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway 1
- McCallie, Thomas H. (1837-1912) 1
- Morton, T. Ralph (Thomas Ralph), 1900-1977 1
- Myers, Barbara 1
- Pilgrim Congregational Church (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 1
- Spence, John F., 1828-1912 1
- Vance, Mary 1
- Williamson, W. Paul (William Paul) 1 ∧ less